The Pallottines established Bishop Eustace Preparatory School in 1954 after receiving permission from Bishop Bartholomew J. Eustace, the first Bishop of Camden. They purchased the Cooper River Golf Course to become the campus and named Reverend Marco Martorelli, S.A.C., as the school’s first principal. By September 1954, the Pallottines had remodeled the course’s clubhouse and remaining structures to create two classrooms, a cafeteria and a locker room. Ninety students entered that fall.
Bishop Eustace began as a school for young men and also served as the minor seminary for the Pallottine’s Immaculate Conception Province until 1968. In 1972, the Board of Trustees admitted young women to the school.
Our school’s success story is truly outstanding. Since the first graduating class in 1958, over 98% of Bishop Eustace graduates have gone on to college. Continued growth, excellence, scholarship, service and the dedication and hard work of the lay and religious faculty, staff and administration will continue to drive Bishop Eustace.